Where the Crafty come to meet

Where the Crafty come to meet! Come on in & take a look around. I think you will like what you see & I know you will be inspired by something in here. So take a look see & don't forget to hit the follow button! Blessed Be.

October 6, 2011

Rest In Peace - John Curtis Smith

 John Curtis Smith
Feb. 1, 1978 - Sept. ?, 2011


 Sorry I have been gone again Blogland. I am dealing with the loss of one of my son's best friends from Junior High & High School. John Curtis Smith was at my house almost every day through many years. I lectured him when he did wrong just as I lectured my own children. John was always fun loving & he & my son Shannon & their friend Damion were inseparable during their school years. John's badly burned body was found floating in the Elk River in Maryland on September 29,2011. It is not known how long he was in the river. The investigators are saying for at least a few days. I just chatted with John on Facebook the 19th of September & made plans to see him on my next trip into Maryland. He was so proud of his newest child & wanted me to meet him. My heart goes out to his sons, Malachi & William. They will have a hole in their lives where their father should be. Lighting candles that John finds peace & that the police catch his murderer. 


 Blessed Be John
Merry meet & merry part & merry meet again.







John & sons (Malachi & baby William)






Forever lost, each journey taken
Plagues the mind; the nights awaken
Troubled visions, thoughts of yesterdays,
That seem like beacons - lives away.
Random comforts cannot ease this soul,
For knowledge takes its weary toll
'Pon one who suffers with each breath,
Who slept once in peace, then awoke in death..







Time has passed, the Wheel has turned.
It is time for you John to move on.
You will walk hand in hand with the Lord and Lady
and with your ancestors who came before you.
Great Mother, welcome John
back into your womb.
And Great Father welcome John back
into your divine instruction.
Let him come to you and
know that he has been blessed
by your gracious gift of Life.



4 comments:

  1. So sad for all the people who loved him! What a terrible time, so sorry to hear about something like this, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear of this painful and unfathomable loss. I pray his children have only happy memories. May his soul find peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about this Beth. I hope your heart is mended and peace be with his sweet boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is late.
    I am so sorry to hear about this young mans cruel and unfortunate death.
    May his family and friends find joy in his memory and eternal love.
    So sorry!

    ReplyDelete