Where the Crafty come to meet

Where the Crafty come to meet! Come on in & take a look around. I think you will like what you see & I know you will be inspired by something in here. So take a look see & don't forget to hit the follow button! Blessed Be.

April 26, 2011

Started Crate #1

 Howdy hi Blogland! I got some work done yesterday while the sun was out. ( it truly was out! I was shocked) I was able to get the crates outside & give them a good washing. Here they are drying in the sun.




 They were actually lighter in color once all the funk was washed off. I gave them a washing in the basement but they needed much more then just a wiping down. These guys were wickedly funky!  I tore out all the musty lining paper & the insides were cleaned up & ready to go.




I was finally able to claim the space that is my new (antique) work bench. Got my staple gun & tape measure ready to go to work.
Stared off with lining the inside top first.




The bottom was next & I started on the sides.
Inspector # 1 had to make sure the work was being done properly. Are you lucky enough to have your own inspectors?



Approval was granted & was able to finish up after shooing away the Inspector.


 
Finally, the paper lining was done. I was happy cause it was killing my back.




I found a left over can of paint from some historic project that was still good & had a primer mixed with the paint. I can't get that lucky too often.



Found this old can of paint too but the insides were dusty & the once paint is now a giant clump of ....stuff in the bottom of the can. Look at the old picture on the can. Why 2 smiling women? Why not a project of something painted with the paint? I guess that is why I never got into the Marketing business.


Soon I forgot all about the 2 smiling women & was on my way.



First coat is drying & it looks better already! As you can see, I propped it up on some saw horses to help out the old back. Can't wait to get this baby done & put it to use as much needed storage space. Right now all of our bath towels are still in boxes cause I have no linen closet in this house. The 2 closets in the upstairs rooms are only large enough to hold 4 or 5 items on hangers. (sigh) No space = lots of "what am I supposed to do with this stuff" questions.
  

Stay tuned my Blogland friends to see how this sucker turns out. Thanks for hanging out with me & keeping me company while I go through this dilemma with this house. It sure helps keep me focused knowing I have you guys hanging out with me & giving me pep talks along the way!




Don't forget to leave a comment. I love hearing from wickedly awesome folks like yourself.
Become a follower of Wiccan Make Some Too, I love the company!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I, too, am blessed with feline inspectors. I reckon everything looks better with just a hint of cat hair on it!
    Oh man, that paint must be ancient. I bet when it was made, ABBA was topping the charts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What in the world would we do without our DIVA inspectors...LOL!! I love how it is turning out and what an awesome storage idea. HEY...you have given me some inspiration Beth. Thank you thank you. ^_^

    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete