Where the Crafty come to meet

Where the Crafty come to meet! Come on in & take a look around. I think you will like what you see & I know you will be inspired by something in here. So take a look see & don't forget to hit the follow button! Blessed Be.

July 24, 2011

Steamed Chicken Wings

 Hey Blogland! I have decided to share one of my favorite recipes with all of you. Hopefully you have plenty of bats wings & eye of newt on hand. Okay...kidding, just kidding. You do not need any of those ingredients for this recipe. Just a little Witch humor I decided to throw in there.  I did not get photos of me prepping this dish cause its all really very simple to prepare ( yup, I forgot to take pictures). I separate my wings & toss out the tips. Then you lay your wingettes & drummies on the top of your steamer. (we are steaming these not boiling) Then depending on how large your steamer is, mix vinegar & water. Equal amounts of each. You can also add some beer to the mix but it is not a must. Pour the mixture over top of the wings getting some on each one. Next sprinkle with Old Bay Seasoning or some other seafood seasoning of your choice. Sprinkle it on really good.....coat those puppies with it. Cover & steam for 20 minutes & your wings are ready. This is a healthy option for wings along with being tasty as all get out cause a good  amount of the fat goes down into the holes of your steamer & not into your system.  I served it the other night with one of the zucchinis from Uncle Jake's garden.





Now the zucchini was not made too healthy as you can see the oozing butter running all over my plate. I sauteed that up with butter, salt, pepper & a bit of thyme. Oh my....it was tastyfied too!

 Hope you give this a try one of these days & let me know what you think of the wings!




 Don't forget to 'poof' on by my Wickedly Crafty Saturdays & show me your creatively magical side.


 Ok, yup...I know it is Sunday now but the linky stays open until 11pm Monday.











Don't forget to leave a comment. I love hearing from wickedly awesome people like yourself. Become a follower of Wiccan Make Some Too & be part of an amazing group of folks. Hey, all the "cool" kids are doing it!











1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up one of your fave recipes to Motivated Monday at BeColorful
    Pam

    ReplyDelete