Where the Crafty come to meet

Where the Crafty come to meet! Come on in & take a look around. I think you will like what you see & I know you will be inspired by something in here. So take a look see & don't forget to hit the follow button! Blessed Be.

March 28, 2011

Cupcake Scarf


 Ok Blogland, if you all remember, I showed off the Strawberry Shortcake hat I crocheted for my granddaughter Jessica. This time I am showing you the scarf I have crocheted to match the hat.




 It is not a long scarf. Jessica is only a year old but the way this pattern is, I can always add more cupcakes when she gets bigger! I got the pattern here.





Extreme close-up.


Lighting is a bit off as it is raining buckets (not actual buckets cause if they were metal...wow it would be loud)  outside right now & natural light is not working for me right now.

Another extreme close-up.
 
 



I sewed the pompom "cherries" on instead of using fabric glue. As I mentioned, Jessica is a year old & I do not need my son calling & informing me that they found "cherries" in Jessica's diaper.

 I did not have a pattern for the hat as you recall & just made it up as I went along. The pattern for the scarf kind of inspired me to make the hat.

Hope you all like it. I am now trying to go about getting measurements of my other grandchildren's heads cause there are more hats & scarves to make!







Don't forget to leave a comment. I love hearing from cool folks like yourself.
Become a follower of Wiccan Make Some Too, I love the company!






9 comments:

  1. OMG! I loveeee this scarf! and I LoVe cupcakes! now if only i could crochet lol this is so cute thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this scarf. Your grand daughter is going to love it.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Adorable & Sweet!

    Warm Wishes,
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ca-ute! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thanks for linking up to our YARN IT ALL Party! :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Love it with the hat! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is darling! I've never seen a cupcake scarf before. If you get a chance, I'd love for you to link this up to my Not "Baaad" (get it?) blog hop, which features a competition for the Best in Show award :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooo stinking cute! I love the cupcake idea and the hat was amazing! I am sure that your granddaughter looks twice as cute all decked out in her special hat and scarf! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!

    ReplyDelete