Where the Crafty come to meet

Where the Crafty come to meet! Come on in & take a look around. I think you will like what you see & I know you will be inspired by something in here. So take a look see & don't forget to hit the follow button! Blessed Be.

August 5, 2011

My Dumpster Diving Hubs Did It Again

 The Hubs had another great find while dumpster diving the other day. He is such a garbage genius! Check out the latest item he brought home:





 At first he did not want me to "redo" this baby. But when I told him it could have a spot on the wall in the living room if revamped he eagerly gave in. Now starts the transformation.....






I had to remove the clock mechanism so I could paint the piece of wood that clock face was attached to.









Removal went without too much of a hitch ( I will admit to a bit of a hitch but hey, I had never dismantled a clock doohickie before)  Cleaned up the wood a bit as it had not been done in a while. Plus it had been in the trash!


 Removed the mirror.









 Starting the transformation






Cleaning off the whats it thingy that the clock face was on












 Here is is all cleaned, recolored & hanging!














 Look...it found a friend to hang out with!
















My Book Vase looks right at home there
Yup I think that is where it's gonna stay for a while.
Don't forget to leave a comment. I love hearing from wickedly
awesome people like yourself. Become a follower of
Wiccan Make Some Too
& be part of an amazing group of folks. Hey, all the
"cool" kids are doing it!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. What a great find!! It just amazes me the things that folks throw away. Haven't they heard of Freecycle...LOL!!!

    You did a great job Beth...as always!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete