Where the Crafty come to meet

Where the Crafty come to meet! Come on in & take a look around. I think you will like what you see & I know you will be inspired by something in here. So take a look see & don't forget to hit the follow button! Blessed Be.

November 28, 2010

Handmade Ornament Exchange Party

Under The Table and Dreaming is having a Handmade Ornament Exchange Party! I got so excited about it that I had to share these cute little Hat Ornaments with all my friends in Blogland.


To get started on this you need a toilet paper roll & some yarn. Measure 3/4" off on a toilet paper roll & cut the piece. Don't worry, you have to flatten it out but toilet paper rolls are hardy creatures & you can just fluff it back into shape.


Cut you yarn into 14" pieces. You will need about 40 or so depending on the thickness of your yarn. Then cut one piece that measures 20". ( that will be your hanger)

Fold your yarn in half & slip it through the toilet paper roll section pulling the open ends through the loop around the toilet paper roll cardboard.



Do this with all the yarn pieces making sure you keep them side by side & not on top of each other & all going the dame direction. Once that is done push the open ends through the toilet paper section. Tie at the ends, be careful to pull your hanger piece out of the way & trim the yarn to form the pompom.
(sorry...pics of these steps came out really wonky)
When you are done you have a Winter Hat Ornament!

Okay, thats not the best picture either. But you see what I mean. I was using baby yarn so it is not as thick as the other stuff that I have on hand but only in black & that doesn't do well in pictures.

 
Linking this up with Under The Table & Dreaming.

UndertheTableandDreaming


Don't forget to leave a comment. I love hearing from cool folks like yourself.
Become a follower of Wiccan Make Some Too, I love the company!

5 comments:

  1. This is such a cute project! I remember these from my childhood, but never knew how to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth! This is such an adorable project! I am now following you thanks to Give It To Me Monday and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
    And don't forget to stop by our Show Yo' Flow Campaign today to see the interview we have on Elizabeth and the surprises she has for everybody:) See you there! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh Beth..those are sooooo cute. You have given me some inspiration too...thank you thank you. I can just see a little clay penguin under one of those cute hats. Thanks sweetie!!!!

    Hugs,
    Regi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth,

    Thanks for stopping by The Tattered Tag! I have a ton of toilet paper rolls saved up and am always looking for fun ways to use them. Your idea rocks!

    Christina

    ReplyDelete