Where the Crafty come to meet

Where the Crafty come to meet! Come on in & take a look around. I think you will like what you see & I know you will be inspired by something in here. So take a look see & don't forget to hit the follow button! Blessed Be.

November 27, 2010

"Trashy" Holiday Wreath

Alright boys & girls class is in session on how to make your very own Trashy Holiday Wreath. I call it that cause most of the "ingredients" were going to go into the trash at one point until I saved them from that horrible fate. First I took some cardboard & traced a circle with a dinner plate. Inside of that circle I traced around a saucer. (sorry i did not take pics of these steps) I cut those out & took my hole punch around the cardboard circle punching holes until my hands were cussing me.  I cut the handles & fronts off of grocery store bags & cut those strips in half then folded each cut piece in half. I started twisting the bottoms of my cut pieces & stuffed them into the holes on my cardboard circle.


My grandson, Ryan helped prep some of the bags for me removing the handles & cutting the printed on fronts. Grandmama appreciates your help Ryan!



This is a shot with me punching holes as I went & I knew that would not work very well.


Here is how it looks from the back with some holes punched.

When all my plastic bag sections were completed (got two plastic pieces per bag & no I did not count the bags but it was a lot) & stuffed into the punched holes I had this.


This shot was done on an angle. You cannot see the cardboard from head on. Trust me on this.


Here it is from the back with Inspector #13 (Ramses) doing the inspection.

I added some hot glued on black feathers (hey...it IS me here people!) some ornament stickers & a little Santa I got in a bag full of stuffed things from the Thrift Store last week & Ta da!


 Once I get this hung on the door I will wow all of you with another photo. (I usually do not start the Yule decorating until after the 1st of December) Gotta keep this in a safe place until then because my other cat, D'Artagnon has already been trying to eat the feathers. So there you have it kiddies, My "Trashy Holiday Wreath"! 

I know I will be chasing punched out cardboard holes around my office for the next month or so. Oh well!

Don't forget to leave a comment. I love hearing from cool folks like yourself.
Become a follower of Wiccan Make Some Too, I love the company!

Linking here:

Pink Hippo Party









UndertheTableandDreaming

9 comments:

  1. very cute and great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm a new follower via Google Friend Connect. :) Found you through the Blog Hop! :) Super cute idea by the way!! Hopefully you can stop by! I have some great giveaways for $100 Target Gift Card and a "Sonic Colors" Wii Game :)

    -Ai Mei
    StudentSavingBucks

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use those bags! It turned out great and thanks for your nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I retype this...I forgot to type in the code word before going to the next page.This is perfect for a talking santa face I got for free.And now this is free,too.Love your blog.Darn I wish I could remember eveything I typed before.Ohwell, this is what was supose to be typed then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool idea! And a great way to recycle those bags. I love your blog. I'm a new follower and would love it if you would stop by for a visit: www.cherylscraftyjewelry.blogspot.com...thanks and have a great Monday...what's left of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great use for all of those mounds of bags piling up and the ornaments that didn't make it to the tree! Thanks for linking up to Holiday Hookup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, Love it. FREE, Love it. Thanks for sharing, and make sure to link this up to **6 weeks 2 JINGLE** as well. Thanks girl!!!

    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooooo, I love recycled goodies! Make sure you take this over to the T-shirt Diaries tomorrow- this BELONGS on her party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks fabulous! It's always amazing what you can make out of trash isn't it!?
    Thanks for linking this as well.

    ReplyDelete